Chain reaction occurs when a Uranium atom splits, Different Reactions, Atomic Bomb in a split second, Nuclear Power Reactor more controlled, cannot explode like a bomb.Atoms for Peace
- Program to justify nuclear technology
- Proposals for power, canal-building, exports
- First commercial power plant, Illinois 1960
- The energy in one pound of highly enriched Uranium is comparable to that of one million gallons of gasoline.
- One million times as much energy in one pound of Uranium as in one pound of coal.
- Nuclear power around the globe
- 17% of worldâ€™s electricity from nuclear power
- U.S. about 20% (2nd largest source)
- 431 nuclear plants in 31 countries
- 103 of them in the U.S.
- Built none since 1970s (Wisconsin as leader).
- U.S. firms have exported nukes.
- Push from Bush/Cheney for new nukes.
Note:- This seminar download only content PPT