- Consist of rotating blade which has planetary motion so as to reach all parts of the vessel
- Heavier in construction and draws more power than a kneader.
- Mixes additives and coloring agents in stiff materials.
- Internal Mixer
- Heavy Duty two Arm Mixer
- 30-40 rpm arm speed
- Compound rubber and plastic solids
- Smearing or rubbing action
- Consist of a pan with central vertical shaft
- wide heavy wheels attached to the shaft, which drive the wheels in circular path
- plows guide the solid under the wheels
- especially effective in uniform coating of particles with a small amount of liquid
- Large amounts of mechanical energy are needed to mix heavy plastic masses.
- Only part of energy supplied is directly useful for mixing.
- Mixers that work on small quantities of material, dividing it into very small elements, make more effective use of energy than those that work slowly on large quantities.
- The shorter the mixing time required to bring the material to the desired degree of uniformity, the larger the useful fraction of energy supplied will be.
- The energy supplied appears as heat, which must be removed to avoid damaging the machine or the material.
Note:- This seminar download only content PPT.