Everybody has the experience of talking aloud in the cell phone in the midst of the disturbance while travelling in trains or buses. There is no need of shouting anymore for this purpose. ‘Silent sound technology’ is the answer for this problem.
The Silent sound technology is an amazing solution for those who had lost their voice but wish to speak over phone. It is developed at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and you can expect to see it in the near future. When demonstrated, it seems to detect every lip movement and internally converts the electrical pulses into sounds signals and sends them neglecting all other surrounding noise. It is definitely going to be a good solution for those feeling annoyed when other speak loud over phone.
‘Silent Sound’ technology aims to notice every movements of the lips and transform them into sounds, which could help people who lose voices to speak, and allow people to make silent calls without bothering others. Rather than making any sounds, your handset would decipher the movements your mouth makes by measuring muscle activity, then convert this into speech that the person on the other end of the call can hear. So, basically, it reads your lips. This new technology will be very helpful whenever a person looses his voice while speaking or allow people to make silent calls without listurbing others, even we can tell our PIN number to a trusted friend or relative without eavesdropping . At the other end, the listener can hear a clear voice. the awesome feature added to this technology is that "it is an instant polyglot" I.E, movements can be immediately transformed into the language of the user's choice. This translation works for languages like English, French & German. But, for the languages like Chinese, different tones can hold many different meanings. This poses Problem said Wand. he also said that in five or may be in ten years this will Be used in everyday's technology.
Silent Sound Technology is processed through some ways or methods. They are
• Image Processing
• The Silent Sound Technology uses electromyography, monitoring tiny muscular movements that occur when we speak.
• Monitored signals are converted into electrical pulses that can then be turned into speech, without a sound uttered.
• Electromyography (EMG) is a technique for evaluating and recording the electrical activity produced by skeletal muscles.
• An electromyography detects the electrical potential generated by muscle cells, when these cells are electrically or neurologically activated.
• Electromyographic sensors attached to the face records the electric signals produced by the facial muscles, compare them with pre recorded signal pattern of spoken words
• When there is a match that sound is transmitted on to the other end of the line and person at the other end listen to the spoken words
• The simplest form of digital image processing converts the digital data tape into a film image with minimal corrections and calibrations.
• Then large mainframe computers are employed for sophisticated interactive manipulation of the data.
• In the present context, overhead prospective are employed to analyze the picture.
• In electrical engineering and computer science, image processing is any form of signal processing for which the input is an image, such as a photograph or video frame; the output of image processing may be either an image or, a set of characteristics or parameters related to the image. Most image-processing techniques involve treating the image as a two-dimensional signal and applying standard signal-processing techniques to it.