This project is aimed at developing an online Sales and stock Management System (SMS) for a departmental store. This system can be used to store the details of the inventory, update the inventory based on the sale details, produce receipts for sales, generate sales and inventory reports periodically etc. This is one integrated system that contains both the user component (used by salespersons, sales managers inventory managers etc) and the admin component (used by the administrators for performing admin level functions such as adding new items to the inventory, changing the price of an item etc). This system runs on multiple terminals, offers a GUI interface to its users and connects to a common database.
The existing working system of the stock management is the manual working system where all the work from managing the goods, all the information about them, the transactions and the maintenance of the organization are done manually. Which is very time consuming. In addition to it, all the accounting is also done manually which is time consuming and erroneous both.
As we know manual system are quite tedious ,time consuming and less efficient and accurate in comparison to the computerized system. So following are some disadvantages of the old system:
1. Time consuming
2. Less accurate
3. Less efficient
4. Lot of paper work
5. Slow data processing
Objective of the System
The objective of the stock management system is to provide better optimization and cost reducing for the users of this system. The main objective of inventory management is to maintain inventory at appropriate level to avoid excessive or shortage of inventory because both the cases are undesirable for business. Thus, management is faced with the following conflicting objectives:
1. To keep inventory at sufficiently high level to perform production and sales activities smoothly.
2. To minimize investment in inventory at minimum level to maximize profitability.
Other objectives of inventory management are explained as under:-
1. To ensure that the supply of raw material & finished goods will remain continuous so that production process is not halted and demands of customers are duly met.
2. To minimize carrying cost of inventory.
3. To keep investment in inventory at optimum level.
4. To reduce the losses of theft, obsolescence & wastage etc.
5. To make arrangement for sale of slow moving items.
6. To minimize inventory ordering costs.
Keeping and the accounts maintenance easier.
Following objectives will be The proposed system will be the computer-based information system which will make the record fulfilled after the completion of this project:-
1. The record keeping of any stock in the college and the transition will be easier.
2. The storing, organizing and maintenance of the data will be easier.
3. Getting information about any stock, employee and visitor will be easier and fast.
4. If a stock information is stored in the list of the stock in college and later it will be transaction.
5. It will be helpful in calculating all the budget, considering all the and non-government . Subtracting all the expenses from it and showing the balance which will make the accounting easier.
6. It will show the details of all the incoming and outgoing stock transfer. The proposed system consists of full on-line data entry with online validations on field and referential checking. The goal of this system is to bring down the workload with the increased efficiency and to speed up the activities. The major activity of Online sales and inventory management system is to provide online communication between the users of the system. Auto generation of emails as soon as the inventory manager or sales person or sales manager is required to send a mail to the administrator , intimating if any problem occurred due to their work.