History of Halogen Lamp A carbon filament lamp using halogen to prevent darkening of the envelope was patented in 1882 . The chlorine-filled "Novak" lamps we...
History of Halogen Lamp
- A carbon filament lamp using halogen to prevent darkening of the envelope was patented in 1882 .
- The chlorine-filled "Novak" lamps were marketed in 1892
- The use of iodine was proposed in 1933
- Elmer Fridrich and Emmet Wiley developed the halogen lamp at General Electric in Nela Park, Ohio in 1955
- Elmer Fridrich developed the first halogen tungsten lamp prototypes with Emmitt Wiley in 1953/1959 .
- The team later developed the double ended halogen lamp in 1959
- Patents were issued in 1959 .
- The halogen was improved upon by other engineers so that it was cheaper to produce and market in 1960.
Note:-This seminar download only content PPT