Fast Dissolving Tablets
Fast Dissolving Tablets (FDTs) or Mouth Dissolving Tablets (MDTs) which disintegrates or dissolves rapidly without water within few seconds in the mouth.
- It offer all advantages of solid dosage forms and liquid dosage forms along with special advantages, includes
- It provide good stability, accurate dosing, easy manufacturing, small packaging size & easy to handle.
- No need of water to swallow the dosage form.
- Easy to administer for paediatric, geriatric & institutionalized patients.
- More rapid drug absorption from the pre-gastric area which may produce Quick onset of action.
- Pre-gastric absorption of drug avoids hepatic metabolism, which reduces the dose and increase the bioavailability.
- The risk of chocking or suffocation during oral administration avoided.
- Good mouth feel property of MDDDS helps to change the basic view of medication as "bitter pill"
- Patientâ€™s compliance for disabled bedridden patients and for travelling and busy people, who do not have ready access to water.
Note:-This seminar download only content PPT
Download seminar docs :