Marine Bio-geochemistry and Sedimentation
- Distribution of Marine Sediments
- Carbonate Equilibrium and the CCD
- Organic Carbon and Sediments
- Bacterial Respiration and Subsurface Redox Zonation
Dissolution of Carbonate at Depth
- Chemical processes modify biological (biogenic) sediments through the dissolution of CaCO3 and opal silica in deep water.
- Temperature and pressure play a role in increasing the corrosiveness of deep waters
- The other major control on carbonate dissolution is due to the creation of CO2 by the oxidation of organic matter
- This creates bicarbonate ions at the expense of carbonate ions thereby driving the dissolution of carbonate tests.
Note:- This Seminar download only contain PPT
Download seminar docs :