B Tree File System
- A method of organizing blocks on a storage device into files and directories.
- A data structure that translates the physical view of a disc into a logical structure.
- The way in which file s are named and where they are placed logically for storage and retrieval.
What Is BTRFS ?
- Next Gen. File system for Linux
- Also called â€œBUTTER FSâ€ or â€œBETTER FSâ€
- Motivated from zfs of Solaris
- Support for copy on write
- Unlike zfs which is licensed under CDDL(Common Development and Distribution License), Btrfs is GPL licensed
- Only test versions are released(accepted in 2.6.29)
- It have lots and lots of features compared to extended series
Download seminar docs :