These nanoscale devices are able to perform higher with reduced time researches in nanotechnology brought newer approaches in the field of medicine. This paper focuses on the employment of nanorobots for removing the heart blocks in more effective and accurate manner. Current diagnostic measures include painful processes like the angiogram. The treatment for the block is also extremely dangerous, time consuming and painful. Angioplasty, although having the higher success rate, is old fashioned. Today’s technology promises a lot more than the insertion of a thin tube into the blood vessels. Nanorobots can be used in this process of curing heart blocks.
This paper focuses the causes of heart blocks, the current process of diagnostics and therapy. Later the idea of curing these heart blocks using nanorobots is discussed in a theoretical and imaginative approach the cells, the LDL is taken into the cells and broken down yielding its cholesterol to serve each cells need.
Nanorobots are nano devices that may be about 3 to 5 microns in size. The individual parts used to make those nanorobots may be of 1 to 200nm in size. Mainly made of carbon and may be given a coating of diamond, which is the most and toughest material ever known. The nanorobots can be used for variety of purposes.
Nanorobots equipped with nanolasers which is used to serve the block after confirmation in order to prevent the recurrence of the block. Then molecular synthesis is carried out (i.e.) nanorobots fills the burnt gap with fresh flawless cells synthesized by the robots themselves. This process is known as molecular synthesis.
THE ACTUAL PROCESS:
A Sensor robot navigates other robots through the blood stream and following process is achieved:
1) The nanorobots needed for the process are suspended in a liquid matrix and injected into blood vessels of the patient.
2) Acoustic sensors get activated soon and begin navigating the army of robots through the blood stream to the pericardium.
3) Simultaneously, the smart sensors present in the sensor robots, get activated and form a closed ad-hoc network connecting all the robots.
4) This is very essential in order to guide all the nanorobots to the desired location.
1) The pressure sensors mounted on the sensor robots, scan the blood vessels for variation in the blood pressure.
2) This will act as the first confirmation.
3) This scanning for pressure variations is necessary in the region of the block, there will be a constriction of blood vessel and hence a rise in the blood pressure compared to that existing in the nearby areas.
4) These sensors will generate a report of the potential areas of heart block, based on the pressure mapping of the blood vessels.
1) The second confirmation comes from chemo sensors.
2) These sensors scan the region and they traverse for the chemical composition of the cholesterols. The sensors differentiate the cholesterol compounds accumulated on the walls of the blood vessels from the actual composition of the tissues of the blood vessels.
3) In this way the block can be identified accurately.
4) All these information are transmitted through the ad-hoc network formed by all the smart sensors and can be constantly viewed by the doctors monitoring the entire process.
5) After successful location of the block the second type of nanorobots those equipped with nanolasers comes into picture.
6) These laser robots on activation based on the information flow through the network, effectively burn down the block
1) The final leg of the operation is the responsibility of the molecular synthesizers.
2) These nanorobots, take the required biochemical substances from the blood or surrounding tissues, and they synthesize the cells of the blood vessels in order to seal the area of the block.
3) These cells are placed in the affected region.
4) And as a result, we have a whole new region of blood vessel that is completely free from the threat of another block.
Download seminar docs :